Rest assured that these numbers are more than likely to grow. First of all, the has only recently hit China, a huge market often dubbed the “Shangri-La of MMO publishers”. Second, a second World of Warcraft add-on is bound to be released next year, driving more gamers into the fantasy world.
Vivendi was also very happy to talk about the financial results of the first nine months of the fiscal year: Euro 716 million, 50% higher than the same period last year.
And now here’s a snip of what’s coming with the new add-on:
– Playable Hero class: Death Knight
– Quest to level 80
– Profession level cap raised to 450
– New profession: Inscription
– A new continent of Northrend, the icy domain of the Lich King
– Mighty siege engines and the complementary destructible buildings
– New character-customization options, including new hairstyles and dances
– New dungeons and new creatures
– A non-instanced Battleground