The lower half of the top is dominated by Sony. The PlayStation 3 is on number 4, with 7701 units having been pushed off the shelves. PlayStation 2 (7022 units) comes next. Xbox 360 enters the charts because there’s no other serious competitor left. The Microsoft console is anything but popular in Japan, and the poor record of 1474 sold units goes to prove it.
The software top is dominated by Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP), with 53,248 sold units. Mario Kart Wii (Wii) follows not so close (41,739 units), while Luminous Arc 2: Will (Wii) finds itself on the third spot, thinking that Japan is not a very welcoming place for newly released.
The complete top is down below:
1. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP)
2. Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
3. Luminous Arc 2: Will (Wii)
4. Bleach: Heat the Soul 5 (PSP)
5. Wii Fit (Wii)
6. Battalion Wars 2 (Wii)
7. DS Beautiful Letter Training (DS)
8. Link’s Crossbow Training (Wii)
9. Taiko Drum Master DS: Seven Island Adventure (DS)
10.Wii Sports (Wii)