– Windows XP or Vista
– 2 GB RAM
– Dual core processor (Intel Pentium D or better)
– 256MB Direct3D 10 compatible video card, or Direct3D 9 card compatible with Shader Model 3.0 or higher
– DirectX compatible driver
– DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
– 16 GB free hard disk space
– DirectX libraries (included)
– Vista compatible sound card
– Keyboard, Mouse
– Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller (optional)
Recommended System Requirements:
– Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo, or better processor
– 3 GB System RAM
– ATI HD2900 series, Nvidia GeForce 8800 series, or better video card
– 5.1 sound card
– Microsoft Xbox 360 controller
DirectX10 compatible cards, recommended ATI HD2900 series, Nvidia GeForce 8800 series. Direct3D 9 card compatible with Shader Model 3.0 or higher.
One can’t help but notice that Assassin’s Creed definitely beats Crysis at least in two specs departments, namely RAM and HDD space. What’s worse, we’re talking about AC’s minimum specs vs Crysis’ recommended ones. Ubisoft’s game requires 2 GB RAM (3 GB recommended), the same amount required to run Crysis at full speed. And if you though that the latter has asking too much what it stated “12 GB free hard disk space”, well, think again: Altair ‘s demands are of “only” 16 GB. Our wild guess is that they need the extra 4 GB to build a stable for horses and a storage for armors.
But seriously speaking now, do keep in mind two things. First of all, these above listed specs aren’t official or final, so they will change to smaller figures in the near future. Second, if Ubisoft asks for state of the art gaming rigs, then there is a strong chance that they are actually working on something more than just a mere port.