“AT&T knows Wi-Fi is hot, and FREE Wi-Fi is even hotter. Which is why FREE AT&T Wi-Fi access is now available for Apple iPhone at thousands of hotspots nationwide, including Starbucks*. Users can relax and access music, email and web browsing services with their favorite blend in hand from the comfort of their nearest location.”
According to AT&T, the list of available Wi-Fi locations goes as follows:
8000 are located at Starbucks shops and other restaurants, with the spread around in bookstores, supermarkets, hotels, universities and convention centers.
Those willing to get started with Wi-Fi should find that the instructions are anything but difficult to follow:
– Activate Wi-Fi from the settings icon on your iPhone
– Select "attwifi" from the list of available networks
– Enter your 10-digit mobile number and check the box to agree to the Acceptable Use Policy. Tap ‘continue’
– You will receive a text message from AT&T with a secure link to the AT&T Wi-Fi hotspot. You will not be charged for the text message.
– The SMS link will only be valid for 24 hours at the location it was requested. Another request must be submitted when using another hotspot location.
– Open the text message and tap on the link for 24-hour access to the AT&T Wi-Fi hotspot