Employers Do Look For Info On Social Networking Sites
Your life online should be kept as private as possible, unless you want your prospective boss to know about it. Employers will seek your online profile and the results might not please them.
September 15, 2008
22% of the responders admitted to use such practices, twice as much as in 2006. What's worse for the employees, around 34% of the online researchers stated that this way they found enough info to dismiss the candidates. The top 9 ways to lose a future job includes the following
- incidents of drinking/drug use
- provocative photos or information
- poor communication skills
- badmouthed a previous company/employer
- lies about qualifications
- offensive statements about gender, race, religion, race, etc.
- use of an unprofessional screen name
- linked to criminal behavior
- shared confidential information from previous employers
So, start web-brushing those profiles clean. Or just make sure you remain anonymous.