The new HSPA+ chipsets include the Mobile Station Modem (MSM) MSM8260, MSM8660 and MSM8270 solutions for mobile handsets and feature the following:
– Scorpion 1.2 GHz processor and 600 MHz DSP for high levels of web application and multimedia performance
– Support for innovative 3D/2D user interfaces and console-quality gaming via dedicated, high-performance graphics engines
– 16 megapixel camera
– Full 1080p HD video playback and recording
– Support for DTS/Dolby 5.1 surround sound
– Integrated Assisted-GPS, including support for Glonass satellite services
– Support for stunning 24-bit WXGA (1280 x 800) displays
– 45nm process technology for ultra-low power consumption
“As HSPA+ becomes an increasingly popular option for network operators looking to maximize their investments in 3G networks, Qualcomm has expanded its HSPA+ product roadmap to now include a comprehensive family of chipsets covering multiple tiers of the wireless market,” said Alex Katouzian, vice president of product management for Qualcomm CDMA Technologies. “The advanced connectivity, multimedia and processing capabilities of our chipsets are enabling the next-generation mobile user experience.”
The Mobile Data Modem (MDM) MDM8220 is aimed at data applications.
In addition, Qualcomm also unveiled the new transceiver QTR8610, which supports worldwide 3G bands and integrates Bluetooth, GPS and FM radio.