22% of the responders admitted to use such practices, twice as much as in 2006. What’s worse for the employees, around 34% of the online researchers stated that this way they found enough info to dismiss the candidates. The top 9 ways to lose a future job includes the following
– incidents of drinking/drug use
– provocative photos or information
– poor communication skills
– badmouthed a previous company/employer
– lies about qualifications
– offensive statements about gender, race, religion, race, etc.
– use of an unprofessional screen name
– linked to criminal behavior
– shared confidential information from previous employers
So, start web-brushing those profiles clean. Or just make sure you remain anonymous.