Vodafone Gets Palm Treo 500v Exclusive Deal
Palm and Vodafone shook hands and issued the following announcement: the Palm Treo 500v smartphone will hit th market this October. The device will be available only to Vodafone customers.
September 12, 2007
The Palm Treo 500v smartphone is based on Windows Mobile 6. It includes a full QWERTY keyboard, large screen, video streaming capability and support for Instant Messaging, SMS, email and phone.
The list of features for Palm Treo 500v also includes the following:
- Automatic delivery of Hotmail/MSN, Yahoo!, and Gmail, email as it arrives
- Large, high-resolution screen
- Internet Explorer Mobile full-featured browser
- Access to Google Maps and eBay
- Vodafone live! for news, sports, and entertainment on the go
- 3G/UMTS network
- Planner with address book, calendar, to-do lists, and more
- View Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe PDF files - Windows Media Player Mobile for music and videos - 2.0 megapixel camera captures video too
- 150MB of memory, expandable with microSD expansion card
- Microsoft Direct Push technology for delivery of Outlook email
- Bluetooth wireless technology
The Palm Treo 500v will be available in two colors: glacier white and charcoal grey. Vodafone has yet to announce a clear price policy.