US Elections Bring Barrack Obama Malware
Spammers and malware writers will try every possible scheme to infect your computer. Barrack Obama's victory in the recent US presidential elections was just one more chance...
November 6, 2008
Needless to say, the file is bogus. Even worse, it's a piece of malware detected by Sophos as Mal/Behav-027 or Mal/Heuri-E. Once installed, such malware could compromise the user's data or even help the cybercrooks in stealing the victim's identity.
According to a Sophos blog posting, the Trojan features the following characteristics:
- The malware contains rootkit technology to conceal itself.
- It's designed to steal information from an infected computer.
- It also has general backdoor functionality.
- It spies on user's keyboard and mouse inputs and can take screenshots.
- It looks for passwords.
- It submits the information it discovers to a webserver located in Kiev, Ukraine.