Nikon Announces New Camera Lens: 35mm AF-S DX NIKKOR
Another update was made to Nikon's offer and the newly-added items are the AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G camera lens.
February 9, 2009
The new lens feature a large maximum aperture of f/1.8 (recommended for handheld shooting in dark settings) and a built-in Silent Wave Motor (SWM), which ensures fast, quiet autofocus. The feature will be available even for SLR models that do not have a built-in motor, such as the D40 series and D60.
Additional top features includes a high-performance optical system with aspherical lens and two focus modes available: M/A (manual-priority autofocus) and M (manual focus).
AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Specifications
- Maximum aperture: f/1.8
- Minimum aperture: f/22
- Lens construction: 8 elements in 6 groups (with one aspherical lens)
- Picture angle: 44°
- Closest focus distance: 0.3 m/0.98 ft.
- No. of diaphragm blades: 7 (rounded)
- Filter attachment size: 52mm
- Diameter x length (extension from lens mount): Approx. 70 x 52.5 mm/2.8 x 2.1 in.
- Weight: Approx. 200 g/7 oz.
- Supplied accessories: 52mm snap-on front lens cap LC-52, Rear lens cap LF-1, Bayonet hood HB-46, Flexible lens pouch CL-0913