Microsoft Unveils Windows Server 2008 Prices
Windows Server 2008 will be released next February, Microsoft announced. The company also added a menu to the announcement, so every interested company would know what to look forward to.
November 14, 2007
According to Microsoft, all versions but the Ithanium (strictly 64-bit) will be made available in both 32-bit and 64-bit editions. Also, the Hyper-V (Microsoft's server virtualization technology) is not mandatory on three of the editions, thus turning them $28 cheaper:
- Windows Server 2008 Standard: $999 ( 5 Client Access Licenses)
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise: $3,999 ( 25 Client Access Licenses)
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter: $2,999 (per processor)
- Windows Server 2008 for Itanium-based Systems: $2,999 (per processor)
- Windows Web Server 2008: $469
- Windows Server 2008 Standard without Hyper-V: $971 (5 Client Access Licenses)
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise without Hyper-V: $3,971 (25 Client Access Licenses)
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter without Hyper-V: $2,971 (per processor)
Needless to say, Microsoft also plans to turn Hyper-V Server into a standalone offer, incidentally priced at $28.
The exact release has been set for the 27th of the month.