Mass Effect Arrives On PC This Spring
Mass Effect has worked its magic on the Xbox 360 and is (almost) ready to invade the PC as well. BioWare and Electronic Arts Announced that the game will be released this May.
February 13, 2008
“Mass Effect serves as a powerful example of video games as an art form, delivering new levels of emotional intensity, realistic characters and a gripping storyline – all set in a compelling new universe,” said Ray Muzyka, General Manager, BioWare and Vice President, Electronic Arts.
New features have been added, including:
- Optimized controls designed specifically for the PC.
- High resolution visuals – Mass Effect for the PC features highly detailed textures, characters and environments.
- Fully customizable controls – PC gamers can re-map the control scheme any way they like.
- Run & Gun Control – Players can assign biotic powers or skills to ‘hot keys’ allowing them to play Mass Effect with a heavier focus on action.
- New decryption mini-game.
- New inventory screen GUI and functionality – The enhanced inventory system makes it easier for players to equip and modify their weapons and armor.