GTA IV Patch Details
Rockstar sends word about how how many issues will be fixed by the upcoming GTA IV patch.
December 8, 2008
- A fix to the crash after legal screen that some German customers were reporting.
- Numerous improvements to the video editor: Smarter naming of videos, improved rendering quality, better FX during replays
- Fix to bowling while using certain sensitive mice
- Fix for ATI 1900 shadows
- Overall savings to memory
- Graphic improvements to particle systems and mirrors
- Multiplayer character settings are preserved
- Support for DirectInput controllers. Note: The current hack way of supporting these controllers may not work with the improved functionality. So we recommend you remove the hack before upgrading to the patch.
In addition, the company stated that the issues with power management software have also been fixed. So slow speed and double speed issues should become a thing of the past, but, Rockstar, adds, setting power management software to maximum performance is recommended even after the release of the patch.
Keep in mind that the patch has yet to be released. Hopefully, it won't take more than a few days.