Crysis Gets Its 1.2 Patch
Crysis will soon be patched up and ready to go for another round of patching. Nevertheless, fans will get the chance to get their game polished on a serious number of issues.
February 1, 2008
While the patch is “nearly finished from a content point of view,” no release date has been made available. Hopefully, it will hit the web soon enough. Until then, have a look at some of the improved features:
- Fixed potential server exploit that could cause servers to crash.
- Added mouse wheel scrolling support for server browser.
- Fixed an issue where in unarmed mode, the character's arms will suddenly reappear and disappear when picking up and dropping an object.
- Added new effects for vehicle shattering after being frozen.
- C4 will now stick to doors correctly.
- Added new grenade indicator icon. (explained in detail further above)
- Adjusted explosion radius of grenade launcher to be more efficient vs. players.
- Added check for players riding on vehicles while not seated to prevent them being killed.
- Tweaked damage for players hit by vehicles at lower speeds.
- Adjusted wall collision damage for civilian car.
- Improved AI machinegun handling (both stationary and mounted machineguns on vehicles).
- Fixed an issue with "Escort Prophet out of sphere" objective failure causing reloading issues.
- Added team colors to kill/death messages (explained in detail further above).
- Fixed some game states not properly resetting after game restart.
- Fixed issue where VOIP doesn't work properly on non-dedicated servers.
- Added auto team balance. Players will now be moved from full teams to the opposing side when dead if the numbers are unbalanced. (Can be disabled/enabled via cvar)