Call of Duty 4 Gets Huge Update, Crysis And UT 3 Get Almost No Sales
The Xbox 360 version of Call of Duty 4 will get a substantial update this month. There is no release date available yet, but the list of enhancements is quite appealing. In the mean time, everyone playing on the PC seems to have forgotten about two major releases.
December 17, 2007
Added Kill Cam To Everything
- Kill Cam view Added: Air Strike Bombs (Follows bomb from plane to target)
- Kill Cam view Added: Grenades (Follows frag from hand to ground, then rotates to view target)
- Kill Cam view Added: RPGs (Follows RPG from launch to target)
- Kill Cam view Added: M203 Rounds (Follows round from launcher to target)
- Kill Cam view Added: Claymores (Views from behind claymore until explosion)
- Kill Cam view Added: C4 Packs (View from pack rotating to watch target)
- Kill Cam view Added: Martrdom (View from grenade rotating to watch target)
Optimized Old School Experience
- Added Unlimited Sprint
- Doubled Magazine Size
- Added Ragdoll Cam
Additional Start Spawn Locations in All Maps
- Added a minimum of 9 extra start spawns on each side of all maps.
In the mean time, all is too quiet on the PC front. Both Crysis and Unreal Tournament 3 hit the shelves in mid-November and they stayed there, says the data from NPD. Crysis only managed to sell 86,633 units last month, and that's a lot when compared to Unreal Tournament 3's figures: 33,995.
We should add that Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (the same Xbox 360 game just about to be patched) sold 1,570,000 units in November. Then again, that would be a mean thing to do, so we won't say a word about it.