ATT And LG Announce The Trax 3G Music Phone
AT&T and LG are back in business together and this time the reason of their getting along so well is LG's Trax 3G music phone. The device is, as the iPod, an AT&T exclusive and comes with a $129.99 price tag and a two-year service agreement. The LG Trax will hit the market on August 14.
August 22, 2007
"The Trax by LG is more than a music phone. With top-notch video and data capabilities, in addition to a sleek design, this device will hit the right note with many of our customers."Carlton Hill, vice president of Product Management for AT&T's wireless unit)
LG's new device features AT&T Mobile Music, thus enabling users to access to music services like Napster and eMusic, in addition to Music ID song-recognition software, music videos and The Buzz music news portal. Also, users can access AT&T's Cellular Video (CV) service, which features content from CNN, The Weather Channel, iFilm, Comedy Central and exclusive premium content from HBO.
Last but not least, the phone supports AT&T's Video Share service. Users can share live video over their wireless phones. The LG Trax features a 1.3 megapixel camera.
The list of specifications includes as follows:
- Frequency: GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz (Quad-Band), UMTS/HSDPA: 850/1900 MHz
- Data Transmission: GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA
- Dimensions: 3.89 inches high; 2.01 inches wide; 0.62 inches deep
- Weight: 3.55 oz
- Music Player: Includes external touch pad (supports MP3, WMA, AAC, AAC+/eAAC+) and customizable equalizer and visualization.
- microSD Memory Port: extra storage up to 4 GB
- Bluetooth Capability (v1.2): Supports the headset, hands-free, dial-up networking, advanced audio distribution, object push, file transfer and audio/video remote control profiles. Also includes Bluetooth stereo headset support for music.
- Mobile E-mail: Yahoo!, AOL, AIM, Windows Live, and AT&T accounts
- Instant Messages: AIM, Windows Live, Yahoo! Messenger