AOL Unleashed New Desktop Version On Apple's Leopard
It's been over five years since AOL released a new version of Desktop for Mac and now the wait is over. The recent release is Leopard-ready but, be advised, it's still in beta stage.
September 28, 2007
According to AOL, there are six key features that should be taken into consideration:
- Speed: Installs in seconds and launches fast - faster than Firefox - so you can begin browsing immediately, without signing in
- Tabbed Organization: Tabs on browser and IM give you easy access and an uncluttered, organized view for all of your windows
- More Email Options: Streamlined AOL Mail lets you send and receive messages using multiple email accounts, including Apple Mac, Gmail, Verizon and many more, in the same window
- AIM Integration: AIM is built right in so you can see which buddies are online, chat and more
- Security: Access AOL Parental Controls to keep you, your family, and your PC safer online at no additional charge
- Customization: Highly customizable toolbar makes it easy to keep your favorites right at your fingertips with access to them on any Internet-connected computer
- Designed to work smoothly for dial-up and broad band users
The new AOL Desktop for Mac is available here for download. If you're not in a hurry you can very well wait for the finale release. Hopefully, it will be a good one, able to keep up with the competition for the next five years. We doubt that AOL will speed up its development schedule for Macs and deliver a newer version much sooner.